Life's Mystery; Love, Success & Failure

A life story of love, success and failure. A compilation of thoughts and experiences in real life ........

Friday 25 February 2011

Memorable Day

       
           Since I didn’t sleep well the night before I got ready quite early to meet Isabella the next day.  She however didn’t get out of her bedroom until after 9am.  I was still oblivious of my fate up until now.  She hasn’t given me indication whether she’s taking me on.  When she finally came down she insisted for both of us to have breakfast and talked about things unrelated to the job at all.  Meanwhile she was telling Roy what to do in between mouthful. She then got up left me again and didn’t see her until after 12pm.

            The pub was quiet only one or two customers came in during this time.  I can only assume they were locals.  They were wearing dirty work clothes which I believed to be either builders or farm workers. I have to admit everyone I met was very friendly.  They spoke to me like they’ve known me for a while.  I can only imagine this is village life. 

            Isabella finally turned up by this time I was already anxious to know if I’ve got the job or not then get a move on.  She asked me for more information about my rent agreement told me about the wages and notice required on both sides etc., etc..  The money wasn’t good and the hours are long but I needed a job and place to live. 

            While we were discussing about my living situation a customer came in.  He was wearing black work polo shirt with building company logo, braces designed as a tape measure attached to his jeans and brown boots. When he ordered a pint of cider I was introduced to him as the new member of staff.  I was a bit surprise because up until this moment I wasn’t told I got the job.  I had to make a quick decision and made affirmation to the gentleman. 

            The gentleman was Mr Ted.  He quietly sat by the door and listened to the conversation which at this time became an open discussion as Isabella has a habit of speaking loudly enough for all to hear.  Mr Ted moved by the fireplace after getting his second pint.  I was mesmerized by his light blue eyes and very friendly deep voice.  I felt so rude that I was almost staring at him but I didn’t think he noticed.  We were trying to work out my travel plans for moving in when he kindly offer to pick me up from my flat 40 miles away.  I asked him how much he would charge and said “nothing” but I insisted to rather pay so he just said “a tenner (£10) will do”.  I had to ask him twice just to make sure he’s for real!  His petrol will cost a lot more than that.  It’s hard to imagine anyone doing such a thing anymore in this day and age.

            All in agreement we’ve exchanged numbers and arranged time and day.  Isabella offered to drop me off the bus station which I gladly accepted.  On the way to the station  Isabella briefed me about Mr Ted.  In her words “he is nice just recently separated from his partner and he likes to drink”.  My answer to Isabella “he was only helping me move in....”

            Please come back and read what happened next.  Do leave some comments and share your true life experiences.  Have you been in a similar situation?  Thank you for reading.

See you soon

3 comments:

  1. I like your blog. It's interesting! Keep posting. I'm a new follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very brave to strike out on your own like this. I've never been in this kind of situation, but it sounds like you've found a place to settle for awhile, so congratulations! Keep on going, I'm sure everything will work out like it's supposed to.
    Thanks for your comment on my blog! Have we met, or are we just internet buddies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mynamyn for your comforting words and thanks for dropping by. I happened to read your blog and really liked it, lovely kids! I hope this is the beginning of online friendship.

    ReplyDelete